Starting at NPS
2021 Student Enrolment
Please don’t hesitate to contact the school on 9354 2928 if you have any questions related to our 2021 Foundation Class.
Expression of Interest
School Tours Request Form
Enrolment Document Checklist
- Enrolment Form
- Parental/Guardian Authorisation and Consent Form
- Digital Technologies Acceptable Use Agreement Form
Documents needed to complete enrolment process
- Australian Students – Birth Certificate or
- Overseas Students – Birth Certificate or Passport (must include date of arrival/Visa Sub Class Code/Date of Expiry and copy of Visa Document)
- Anaphylaxis Action Plan (form can be obtained at school or Doctor’s office)
- Asthma Action Plan (form can be obtained at school or Doctor’s office)
- Allergy Action Plan (form obtained at school or Doctor’s office)
- The Australian Childhood Immunisation Register (ACIR)
- Visit your local Medicare Office online at www.medicareaustralia.gov.au/online
- Your local Council Immunisation service. This can be obtained through the following Departments: Telephone 1800 653 809 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
nStudent Access of activity restriction details
- Court/Family/Restraining Order/Other
Families who have expressed an interest for their children to be enrolled in our 2021. Foundation class and who have met the criteria in our enrolment policy will be sent an offer to join.
Our policy for enrolment is siblings first, then children whose closest school is Newlands and then, those who are interested in attending Newlands for curriculum considerations (Spanish and Performing Arts).
Enrolling during the school year?
Newlands P.S. accepts enrolments during the school year across all grade levels. To enrol you must make an appointment with the principal to discuss your reasons for enrolment.
Please contact the school if you wish to enrol. Our Principal will discuss the details of the enrolment process with you and advise you if we have a vacancy for your child. More information on the process can be found at : http://www.education.vic.gov.au/school/parents/primary/Pages/international.aspx
What you will need
To enrol in a Victorian government primary school as an international student, you must:
- submit an application form
- attach the requested documentation, including a copy of the child’s current Australian visa and passport details, to the application form
- pay the relevant fees
- be accepted for enrolment by the school.
Newlands school tours are led by our student leaders and conclude with a discusiion with school leadership.
School tours have been suspended until further notice.
We will notify the community of the resumption of tours through this website and emails to families who have registered an expression of interest to attend Newlands in 2021.
Download the expression of interest form and email us a copy to recieve direct notification of the resumption of tours.